General Terms and Conditions CRUSE Technologies GmbH
GTC CRUSE Technologies GmbH/ Service
Deutschland – GERMANY
CEO: Martin Paffrath
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 26917, Umsatzsteuer-ID-Nr. DE 356052401
1. Validity of Conditions
1. All supplies, services, offers and quotations or other secondary services, shall be affected on the basis of the following general terms and conditions. 2. All conditions will also apply to business transactions with non-commercial customers, unless contradicted by compulsory statutory provisions.
3. The customer’s own business conditions are not recognized by us except we have agreed in written form. The customer’s GTC are also not recognized by us even if, in knowledge of them, we unconditionally execute the delivery without again expressly contradicting these.
1. Our offers shall be non-binding and subject to change unless the offer contains provisions to the contrary. Facts and information in offers, catalogues, brochures, newslet-ters, price lists, figures, drawings and indications of weights are only binding if they have been explicitly designated as such.
2. Offers shall be valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
3. We reserve unrestricted rights of ownership and copyright to cost quotations, drawings, and other documents. All documents may only be made accessible to third parties after our prior consent and must be returned to us immediately upon demand if we do not get the order.
4. A contract may be regarded as established only after we have issued a written confirmation.
3. Prices/Conditions of Payment
1. As far as nothing is agreed on to the contrary, all prices are net ex works Wachtberg-Villip, Germany, and do not include delivery costs, packaging costs or applicable taxes. Prices/offers are not binding until the date of delivery.
2. Additional costs (working time, travelling time, mileage allowance, accommodation) will be charged in addition to our current service conditions.
Expendables items and spare parts will be charged in addition according the valid rates and conditions as per delivery date.
3. All invoices have to be paid invariably, without any deductions, 14 days upon receipt, only to the bank account mentioned on our invoice. Country specific taxes and all kind of bank charges/fee shall be borne by the purchaser.
4. For CRUSE Technologies GmbH products, such as machines, -parts and components the following payment terms are fixed unless otherwise agreed:
1/3 of the purchase price upon placing of the order
1/3 of the purchase price upon advice of dispatch / latest with pick up
1/3 of the purchase price after installation / receipt of the invoice
5. The purchaser is delayed – without reminder – if payment is not received due the date of our demand.
We will charge a late payment fee of nine points more than the lending rate offered by the German Federal Reserve Bank. CRUSE Technologies GmbH reserves the right of assertion of further damages. The customer shall be free to prove that no damage occurred or that the damage is substantially less.
4. Transportation/Passing of Risk
The risk, or destruction will transfer to the customer upon delivery of the goods to the forwarder or carrier, however, at the latest when the goods leaving the factory or storage facility. This is true whether the consignment is dispatched from the place of fulfillment and of who bears the freight costs. In all cases, shipment shall be at the customer’s risk also in the special case of freight-free shipment. By the purchaser’s written request we shall insure the shipment at his expense against theft, breakage, transport, fire and water damages, as well as other insurable risks. Transport damages must be indicated to the feeder as well as us in writing immediately by respection the reporting period. Unless otherwise agreed, delivery will be freight collect ex warehouse in Wachtberg-Villip at the expense of the purchaser or send c.o.d.(cash on delivery).
5. Delivery Times/Right of Withdrawal
Stated delivery times are not binding, unless expressly agreed on as binding. CRUSE Technologies GmbH shall not be responsible for any late delivery caused by technical difficulties, force majeure or unexpected disturbances of operational procedures. Delayed deliveries do not give the customer the right to withdraw from the contract, demand compensation or assert any other rights or claims. Non-compliance with the agreed terms of payment or a significant deterioration in the customer’s financial position becomes known release us from the delivery obligation. In this case we are entitled to refuse a fulfillment and/or to cancel the contract ,should the payment or the required safety not be made due to the agreed date or within a a grace period of 10 days.
6. Reservation of proprietary rights
1. The following security shall be granted until full payment of all (also balance) claims and contingent liabilities that are now due and shall in the future be due to the supplier against the customer:
– Delivered goods remain our property until full payment
– The purchaser will preserve the ownership or joint ownership for CRUSE free of charge¸ these are then seen as retained goods.
– The purchaser is entitled to process and sell the reserved products within the scope of the ordinary business dealings subject to the proviso that he is not in default.
– Now from the resale or another legal argument to originating demands the customer already resigns protection-half in full extent to us.
2. With behavior contrary to the contract of the customer we are entitled to take back the reservation product at the expenses of the customer or if necessary to require as-signment (cession) of the publication claims of the customer against third.
7. Warranty/General limited liability/Damage claim
For defects which also includes the absence of guaranteed quality features, CRUSE Technologies GmbH shall be liable as followed: All parts which become unserviceable within 12 months, calculated from the day of fulfillment, as a result of a circumstance occurring before the passing of risk for which we can be deemed responsible – due in particular to faulty design, defective material or bad workmanship – will be repaired or replaced, at our discretion, free of charge.
CRUSE Technologies GmbH assume no liability for damages on electrical or financial losses, which are not the result of damages arising from death or injury to body or health, provided there was no gross negligence or an intentional breach of duties by CRUSE Technologies GmbH or its legal representatives.
Any further liability for compensation is excluded regarding electronic wear parts or damages caused by incorrect cargo handling natural wear and tear. Defects of the items delivered are immediately to be notified in writing, at the latest 8 days after delivery (respectively in case of hidden defects 10 days after discovery) Warranty rights expire if the notification does not occur within the above-mentioned time period or Further claims are excluded or if we do not receive a notification regarding defects or the purchaser caused an improvement without our agreement. Device (Machine) / s and defective parts are to be sent to us freight-free and postpaid. In any cases a improvement must be permitted to us.
To make modifications and inspections, considered as necessary at the contractor’s own discretion, the customer has to give time and possibility to proceed this modifications after agreement.
Replaced parts shall become our property. Non-CRUSE Technologies GmbH products (or external products) are warranted, if at all, only if our supplier offers a warranty as well.
CRUSE will only assume warranty for used goods and spare parts if agreed by special written agreement. The guarantee period for used goods and spare parts is six months with effect from the day of acceptance/transfer of ownership. If the customer is a consumer in terms of the “German Civil Code”, the warranty covers a period of two years within 12 months from the receipt of the product/goods, by service orders due to the date of the issue of the invoice.
Documents and manuals for our products we provide only in German or/and English language.
In case of breach contractual/non-contractual obligations, like impossibility, pre-contractual fault or illegal acts, we are only liable and only up to three mio Euros for the detec-tion of intent and culpable negligence (also for our staff and other servants). Our liability is excluded for damages due to defects or their consequential damages.
If we confirmed guarantee for a certain time or condition, the buyer bears all costs for installation and shipping of the defective part.
8. Performance/Place of Jurisdiction/Other Agreements
1. Place of fulfillment and exclusive jurisdiction for all possible disputes shall be CRUSE Technologies GmbH business location, Wachtberg-Villip (or Bonn depending on the value of the claim) unless otherwise stated in confirmation of order.
2. No verbal agreements have been reached concerning our general terms and conditions of Sale and Delivery. Any alterations must be in written form and signed by both contracting parties. This applies also with regard to any proposed deviation from the written form requirement.
3. In the event of individual conditions in the contract being or becoming ineffective, this will be without prejudice to the effectiveness of the remaining conditions. The contracting partners will be required to agree to a new condition which serves the purpose of the meanwhile invalid condition as closely as possible.
4. These general conditions of sale and all legal relations between CRUSE and purchaser (also non-German) shall be governed solely by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Status: August 2022
General Terms and Conditions CRUSE Software
GTC CRUSE Technologies GmbH / Software
Umsatzsteuer-ID-Nr. DE 356052401
§ 1 Validity of the terms of contract
These General Terms and Conditions of CRUSE Technologies GmbH GmbH apply to all purchase contracts for the purchase of software between CRUSE Technologies GmbH (hereinafter referred to as CRUSE Technologies GmbH) and entrepreneurs (hereinafter referred to as “Customers”).
(2) These conditions are exclusive and are supplemented by the terms and conditions above. Deviating, conflicting or supplementary terms and conditions of the customer are not part of the contract, unless the CRUSE Technologies GmbH expressly agrees to their validity in writing..
(3) For other types of services (eg, hotline and maintenance services, installation and installation of the software, training or custom programming services, especially setting up the software after hardware replacement, night training, third party system handling, CRUSE product interface setup, installation, any kind of installation, troubleshooting after the installation of software that is incompatible with the CRUSE Technologies GmbH software, as well as after incorrect installation, troubleshooting, by the use of non-current and / or not released to the customer CRUSE Technologies GmbH software) are separate contracts that are subject to their own terms and conditions. For such contracts, these terms and conditions do not apply.
§ 2 Definations
In this contract means:
(1) “CRUSE Technologies GmbH” the software offered by the CRUSE Technologies GmbH.
(2) “add-on” means a CRUSE standard extension (add-on) or standard interface (fromCRUSE Technologies GmbH to other programs) that extends the functionality of CRUSE Technologies GmbH.
(3) “Software” CRUSE Technologies GmbH together with the additional modules in the acquired scope.
(4) “User” or “Single User License” means the license to install the software on a computer.
(5) “Volume License” means the number of single user licenses purchased by the Customer.
§ 3 Object of the contract, scope of services
(1) The subject matter of these Terms of Contract shall be the delivery of the CRUSE Technologies GmbHSoftware and any additional modules purchased and the granting of rights of use thereunder.
(2) The functional scope results from the product information sheets.
(3) CRUSE Technologies GmbH makes the software available digitally.
§ 4 Conclusion of contract
(1) CRUSE presents its software range on its website and in product descriptions. This information is subject to change without obligation and does not constitute offers in the legal sense. Promotions of the CRUSE Technologies GmbH are valid for the designated period.
(2) If the customer wishes to purchase CRUSE or additional modules, he can offer CRUSE Technologies GmbH a contract (order). If the customer wishes further information in advance, he can arrange a consultation with a sales representative beforehand. The customer is bound to his offer for 14 days.
(3) The contract is only concluded by the written order confirmation of the CRUSE Technologies GmbH
§ 5 Rights to the software
(1) CRUSE and the add-on modules as well as the manual are subject to copyright protection. The product name CRUSE Technologies GmbH” is also subject to trademark protection. The exclusive rights to this are the responsibility of the CRUSE Technologies GmbH.
(2) Copyright notices on the supplied data carriers or made reproductions may not be deleted, changed or suppressed. No longer needed copies are to be deleted or destroyed.
§ 6 Rights of use
(1) The customer may process data for his own purposes with CRUSE Technologies GmbH and any additional modules purchased in the agreed scope. CRUSE Technologies GmbH grants the customer the power to use CRUSE Technologies GmbH and the plug-ins as a simple right of use, including the right to correct errors. For the duration of the right of use § 8 applies.
(2) The customer must set up the software technically in accordance with the agreed licenses and comply with the specifications in practice. This applies in particular with regard to the limitation agreed between CRUSE and the customer on the number of jobs or persons (single user license, package license, volume license).
(3) In particular, the customer may make reproductions of CRUSE Technologies GmbH and any additional modules purchased on his computer, insofar as this is necessary for the intended use of the computer program, including the correction of errors.
(4) The customer is also authorized to make backup copies of CRUSE Technologies GmbH and the add-on modules required for future use. The customer must keep the backup copies safe and, as far as technically possible, provide the copyright notice of the original data carrier.
(5) The user manual and other documents provided by CRUSE Technologies GmbH may only be reproduced for internal purposes.
(6) All other acts of exploitation that are not permitted by law, in particular the copying, leasing, rental, alteration, communication to the public, dissemination in tangible or intangible form and the sublicensing of the material referred to in paragraphs 1-5 Third parties (with the exception of the sale regulated in § 7) require the prior consent of CRUSE Technologies GmbH.
(7) Published software should be Free Software. We use the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3 or any newer version, but occasionally other free software licenses. For GNU software, we only use licenses that are compatible with the GNU GPL.
§ 7 Disclosure to other parties
(1) Customer may not resell CRUSE Technologies GmbH Software to any third party without CRUSE Technologies GmbH’s permission
(2) The customer is not permitted to split a package license acquired by him and to resell the right to use the software only for a user number determined by him.
§ 8 Duration of this usage right
(1) The right of use is granted to the customer for an unlimited period of time.
(2) If the contract ends, for example, on the basis of a validly declared withdrawal or an effective termination of the contract, the rights of use granted to the customer by CRUSE Technologies GmbH shall automatically be returned to the CRUSE Technologies GmbH.
(3) In this case, the customer is not entitled to continue to use the software or to transfer the rights of use to the latter as part of a resale.
(4) A refund of the purchase price will only be made in consultation with CRUSE, otherwise the customer is not entitled to a refund of the purchase price. Any type of agreement in this regard must be in writing in order to be effective.
§ 9 Obligations of the customer
(1) The customer undertakes to have the software supplied by CRUSE Technologies GmbH inspected by a competent employee immediately after delivery in accordance with the provisions of commercial law (§ 377 HGB) and to make known defects in writing with a detailed description of the error. In doing so, the customer will thoroughly test CRUSE Technologies GmbH and any add-on module it has acquired for its suitability in the specific situation before it starts to use it productively. This also applies to programs that the customer receives under warranty.
(2) The customer undertakes to ensure that the working environment of the software complies with the system requirements specified in the program description.
(3) The customer undertakes to take reasonable precautions in the event that the program does not function properly, in whole or in part. The customer is cautioned that before installing the software a full backup and during the use of the software a daily backup and at least once a week a full backup should be performed. As part of the data backup, it should be checked whether this was completed and whether a complete read-back is possible.
§ 10 Performance, delay
(1) CRUSE delivers subject to correct and timely delivery.
(2) Reminders and deadlines must be in writing in order to be valid.
§ 11 Payment
(1) The prices quoted by CRUSE Technologies GmbH are exclusive of shipping and VAT.
(2) Invoicing takes place with delivery and is carried out annually at the beginning of the year. Invoices issued by CRUSE Technologies GmbH to the customer are due immediately upon delivery of the software and receipt of the invoice.
(3) The customer can only set off claims that are undisputed or legally established by CRUSE Technologies GmbH, unless the CRUSE Technologies GmbH has expressly agreed to offsetting claims that have been disputed or have not been legally established. The same applies to the assertion of the right of retention and the right of reduction.
§ 12 Warranty
- CRUSE Technologies GmbH can in the case of material defects at its discretion remove the defect (rectification) or deliver software that does not have the defect (subsequent delivery) and, in the case of legal defects, provide the customer with a legally faultless possibility of use according to their choice of contract software or equivalent software. If the supplementary performance fails, the customer has the right to reduce or – at his option – to withdraw from the contract. The legal cases of dispensability of the deadline remain unaffected.
(2) CRUSE can correct errors with the next program version or, if at the time of the error message the quality assurance for the next program version is already completed, with the second program version if and to the extent that this is reasonable for the customer and if it is not an error which prevents business operations at the customer.
(3) It does not represent a defect when
• the functions of the software do not meet the requirements of the customer;
• the functions of the software are limited due to defects in the customer’s hardware;
• the functions of the software are restricted due to environmental conditions deviating from the system requirements;
• the software is not compatible with external programs; unless,1. the respective condition has been agreed between the CRUSE Technologies GmbH and the customer or
2. the software is not suitable for the use required by the contract because of the defect or
3. the software is not suitable for ordinary use because of the defect and does not have a quality due to the defect common to programs of the same kind and which the buyer can expect according to the nature of the item.
(4) Costs resulting from the elimination of such defect in accordance with paragraph 3 shall be borne by the customer if he has recognized or negligently failed to recognize that the defect lies within his own area of responsibility and consequently there is no defect.
(5) Claims shall expire according to § 14.
§ 13 Liability
(1) CRUSE shall not be liable for slightly negligent breaches of duty, insofar as these do not concern essential contractual obligations or damages arising from injury to life, limb or health. In the case of a slightly negligent breach of an essential contractual obligation, the liability is limited to the contractually typical, foreseeable damage.
(2) This shall also apply to the benefit of the legal representative, the executives or vicarious agents of CRUSE Technologies GmbH.
(3) Essential obligations of the CRUSE within the meaning of paragraph 1 are obligations whose fulfillment makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on whose observance the customer regularly trusts and can rely.
§ 14 Statute of limitations
(1) The period of limitation for claims based on material defects is one year; for the claims from defects of title the statutory limitation period of two years applies.
(2) Otherwise, the statutory limitation periods apply.
§ 15 Secrecy
(1) The contracting parties undertake to ensure that all objects (eg software, documents, information) which they receive or become aware of before or during the performance of the contract by the respective other contracting party, which are legally protected or contain business or trade secrets or are designated as confidential, to treat as confidential beyond the end of the contract, unless they are publicly known without violating the obligation of secrecy. The contract partners store and secure these objects in such a way that access by third parties is excluded.
(2) The Contracting Parties undertake to make accessible or known objects accessible only to employees and other third parties who have access to the performance of their duties
§ 16 Completeness, applicable law, jurisdiction
(1) At the time of the conclusion of the contract, no further verbal or written agreements or understandings exist between CRUSE Technologies GmbH and the customer concerning this contract or any subject matter of the contract.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies excluding the UN sales law.
(3) Exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from and in connection with this contract is for contracts between the CRUSE Technologies GmbH and customers who are merchants, legal entities of public law or special funds under public law, Bonn.
(4) Should individual provisions of these terms and conditions be ineffective, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.